Friday, May 25, 2007

My Adventures Begin

I moved out of the apartment I shared with Maggie yesterday, and into the apartment I'm going to share with Nick. We spent the day unpacking our possessions (we only have three spoons), hanging pictures on the walls, and trying out every possible permutation for our living room furniture. It turns out I've become pretty girly in my old age, to the point where I can spend hours discussing the location of hypothetical end tables. It was fun, though, and I love the new apartment. Waking up in it for the first time felt like Christmas morning.

Sadly, I couldn't spend too long gazing lovingly at my new residence, because I had to get on a plane to DC this morning to begin my summer adventures. Here's my itinerary:

  • May 25 - 26: DC
  • May 27 - June 2:Dubrovnik, Croatia
  • June 2 - 4: Mostar, Bosnia-Herzegovina. We've recently been informed that the State Department has issued a travel warning about landmines for Bosnia. Neat!
  • June 4 - 7: Sarajevo
  • June 7 - 12: Budapest
  • June 12 - 15: Athens
  • June 15 - July 20: Paris. How many crepes do you think I can consume in 5 weeks? I'm guessing roughly seventeen gagillion.
  • July 20 - 25: London
  • July 25 - 28: DC
  • July 29 - 30: NY
  • July 31 - August 8:Roadtrip to northeastern locales TBD.
  • August 9 - August 10: NY I get to see Daft Punk play live in Brooklyn! I'm so excited I've already got my outfit picked out. (It has big crazy rhinestones, because what else do you wear to a robot rock concert?)
  • August 10: San Francisco. My triumphant return.

Check here for updates on my travels, and if your summer plans overlap with mine, let me know.

3 comments:

Dogeared said...

I'm jealous of your trips! I'm going to Croatia, but July 7-16th.

I might be able to swing a visit to London though, just get the train across (I live in south west England).

I could show you some of the less mass-tourist things, and also some of the free stuff (hello Greenwich Market, the Royal Observatory (complete with International date line!), National Maritime Museum...)

I have a Gmail.com, and it's dogearedandfurry (hoping to fool bots here).

Helen

Hugo said...

ahhhh paris, what a beautiful city!! i 'm french XD. but i won't be able to help you, i am not living there, you just need a good map and your feet!!!
the best way to wisit paris is by walking.
you MUST visit the GEORGE POMPIDOU CENTER (modern art museum), LE MARAIS (la place des vosges, the jewish district, the gay district, oh and too much museums there Picasso, Carnavalet....)
of course Montmartre and the tourist stuffs like the eiffel tower, l'arc de triomphe, notre-dame, le pere lachaise...
have fun ;-)

and well what a beautiful trip!, must say you're lucky ^^, oh you will see daft punk!!! i'm JEALOUS!!!

i'm gonna go with my parents to germany, czech republic (praga) and austria (vienne + salzbourg), i'm pretty excited :-D

hope everything is going well, good trip ;-)

Jennifer said...

Enjoy your blog.

I just moved to London myself and saw it on your itinerary. It's pretty cool but remember to take out a second mortgage before you get here!

Happy Travels :-)

~Jenn
http://jenngoeseuro.blogspot.com