Monday, May 28, 2007

dubrovnik, day 1

I'm typing this from my hotel in Dubrovnik, at which we arrived last night. We haven't been into the old town to see the sights yet, but the hotel has been pretty entertaining so far. It has a great view of the beautiful harbor, across which we can see a whole cluster of the white buildings with red tile roofs that Dubrovnik is famous for. Even better, the hotel stereo system pumps hits from the 80s into the lobby 24-7. Maggie and I grooved out to the Aretha Franklin & George Michael hit 'I knew you were waiting for me' over breakfast this morning. It was actually our second breakfast. We woke up STARVING in the middle of the night, and Maggie convinced the desk clerk to let us in to the breakfast buffet that he'd just finished setting up so we could go to town on some cereal. Nice.

Our trip over was blessedly uneventful. We made every flight connection with plenty of time to spare, and Maggie met us as expected in London. I watched 6 episodes of the final season of The OC on my ipod, and enjoyed them thoroughly.

1 comment: